PICTURES: Gas Explosion Kills Three In Lagos

Three persons were feared dead and many others injured in an ear-deafening gas explosion from a gas cylinder, which culminated into a fire on Wednesday in Ojo Road, the densely Ajegunle area of Lagos State.

Eye witnesses said that the incident occurred in a gas store at No. 2, Aduke Street, when a woman with an disclosed identity went to fill her cylinder.

Explaining how the tragedy occurred,  a resident who simply identified himself as Taiwo, said,  “Mama Vic (gas store owner) was attending to a customer that came to fill her cylinder.  As she was shaking the cylinder, it slipped off her hand and exploded.”

Three persons, including the shop owner were affected. They were rushed to a hospital along Ojo road unconscious”.

According to a preliminary investigation by men of the Lagos State Emergency Management Agency, LASEMA, the explosion was as a result of a gas leakage from a gas shop in the area.

Director General of  LASEMA, Dr. Femi Oke-Osanyintolu, said further investigations revealed that the fire ignited as a result of a phone call been made by an unidentified resident, which escalated the fire to other shops and a bungalow behind the shops.

Residents were said to have battled to put out the fire before the arrival of the state’s fire service officials.

16 thoughts on “PICTURES: Gas Explosion Kills Three In Lagos

Comments are closed.

WhatsApp chat